“Tomato” | Personal Project
– Tomato model from www.sketchfab.com
– R & D: I wanted to see if I could match a low quality compressed JPEG image I had of a real tomato on my kitchen window sill. To do this, I had to blur, and add a layer of JPEG compresson on top of the CG tomato to help it fit better.
– I created a custom procedural Arnold AiStandard Tomato Shader using maya’s hypershade visual node system.
– Responsible for Shading, Lighting and Compositing.
– Software: Maya Trial, Arnold, Nuke Non-Commercial
I learned Arnold for Maya using this project. Final composite done in Nuke. For clarification, the tomato on screen right is real.